WORKING AT URBAN SOLUTIONS
Understanding the importance of quality employees is foundation to the success of any company. At UrbanSolutions we encourage a working environment based on mutual trust and confidence. Every employee is part of a team, a sum greater than its parts, where each member is given the opportunity and support to excel to their fullest potential while experiencing personal and professional growth in their career.
We offer competitive salary positions as well as benefits packages for our employees. Professional development is very important and we provide our staff with opportunities to participate in a variety of professional training courses and leadership programs and we also encourage them to join community groups or associations they find interest in.
If you are a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who shares our passion for exceptional client service and looking to establish a career in a growth oriented firm, take a look at our current employment opportunities below.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
UrbanSolutions Planning & Land Development Consultants Inc.
Located in Hamilton, Ontario, UrbanSolutions is a multi-disciplinary professional planning, land development and municipal approvals firm providing quality consulting services across southwestern Ontario. As part of our continued growth, we are currently seeking a full-time Associate/Senior Planner to join our highly professional team in our brand-new office space.
As a seasoned professional, key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and manage a full range of planning applications including Official Plan & Zoning By-law Amendments, Draft Plansof Subdivisions and Condominiums, Site Plans, Severances and Minor Variances;
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Present material to clients and/or at public meetings, neighbourhood information meetings, committee and council meetings and LPAT hearings;
- Prepare Planning Justification Reports and other land use reports;
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with other Planners and Technicians;
- Manage all aspects of any given project;
- Prepare expert witness testimony at the LPAT and other tribunals
- Provide guidance to and mentor junior and intermediate staff; and,
- Contribute and provide advice to the Senior Leadership Team.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Progressive planning experience related to planning and land development;
- A broad network of professional and industry colleagues;
- Demonstrated experience leading a project team through the complete municipal approval and Planning Act process;
- A degree in a planning or related discipline with full membership in OPPI/CIP;
- Thorough knowledge of Provincial Planning Policy and the Planning Act;
- Keen attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills;
- Ability to effectively represent UrbanSolutions;
- Business acumen and management skills are essential; and,
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to supply your own personal vehicle for performing job duties.
A full benefits package is offered with this position and Salary will be based on qualifications, skills and experience, which will be discussed during the interview process.
Our brand-new offices are located in Hamilton, and, our business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to Pat Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org, by December 31 2021!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
SENIOR PLANNING TECHNICIAN
Located in Hamilton, Ontario, UrbanSolutions is a multi-disciplinary professional planning, land development and municipal approvals firm providing quality consulting services to the Ambitious City and surrounding area. Hamilton is entering an era of planning resurgence and is an exciting city in which to live, work and play. As part of our continued growth, we are currently seeking a full-time Senior Planning Technician to join our highly professional team in our brand-new office space.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare advanced site plans, conceptual drawings, draft plans of subdivision, and zoning by-law schedules;
- Perform complex design/drafting assignments requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques;
- Lead CAD teams for projects of all sizes, including large complex projects;
- Conduct property research and investigations on a site-by-site basis;
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and site statistics charts;
- Advance development proposals through the municipal planning approval processes including Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments, Draft Plans of Subdivision, Committee of Adjustment applications, Part Lot Control applications and Site Plan Control applications;
- Prepare for and attend client meetings as required and maintain continuous correspondence with clients and other consultants on the project;
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with other technicians and planners; and,
- Mentor junior CAD technicians and supervise work on a project-by-project basis.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Diploma in an Urban Planning/Urban Design program or related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in a private sector environment;
- High proficiency in latest version of AutoCAD is essential to the position. Other drafting / design / 3D modelling software experience would be considered an asset.
- Competence with Microsoft Office programs;
- Working knowledge of Provincial and Municipal planning policy and the Ontario Planning Act;
- Ability to effectively represent UrbanSolutions and communicate with others at varying technical levels;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong oral and written communication as well as presentation skills;
- Membership in Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT); and,
- Ability to supply your own personal vehicle would be an asset.
Salary will be based on qualifications, skills and experience, which will be discussed during the interview process. A full benefits package is offered with this position.
Our brand-new offices are located in Hamilton, and our business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00 pm.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to Pat Hurley at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
For more information on UrbanSolutions, please visit our website: https://urbansolutions.info